Friday 23 March 2007

theme for stories

Hi All,

As you so rightly say Chris we really should use the blog to communicate then everything is in one place and there for all eternity…. Ah ah ha ha (evil laugh).

Meanwhile I have been thinking about our end of term booklets and themes and things. I think it would be nice to have a theme in a way, something to bind it all together.

I keep thinking about Ian’s story and his light touch about sex within a marriage. I think sex is an important part of life. A fact of life. Writing it well presents us all with a challenge but a very worthwhile one. It doesn’t need to be gratuitous but I don’t think you can avoid talking, or reading it, and be true to the art of writing. It’s like not talking about a part of life that makes us all tick to some extent.

Soo…. (boring stuff over) I think each of our stories should have some sex in them. Up to everyone how they do it. Maybe we should each choose a different ‘theme’ each even, (maybe that’s taking it too far!), but all of them to have something of sex in them.

What do you guys think?

Louise

3 comments:

Milo Filo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Milo Filo said...

Well hello everyone, and an interesting idea Louise.

Yeah, writing sex is quite a challenge, I must agree. It's hard. Very hard.
I like the concept though and maybe we should put it to a vote, and work the poll.
If it goes down well, I for one will be very pleased.
It has been an issue for me in the past, and I made quite a big thing of it in my previous course. I told my then tutor that I felt I would never get a good hold on it, but she told me that if I kept it up it was sure to come good in the end.
So yeah, it is an idea that has me pretty excited. I wish I had time to talk about it some more, but something has come up and I must go and attend to it.

I look forward to hearing other peoples thoughts on this topic.

Chris.....

Annette said...

Hope you're recoverd, Chris!

Yes, I also think that sex is as much a part of our everyday lives(well, I can remember a time when it was!)as doing the dishes is(apparently some people combine the two but I'm really not sure about that).
None of my stories so far contain any sex(I think I got as far a quick kiss once!), but if it was important to the story I would definately write about it!
Annette